2026年8月11日火曜日

Kingdom of Fear キャメロン・ウィッカム (Cameron Whitcomb)

主人公は自意識過剰でありそのせいで不安になっているのかもしれません。個人的にそこまで不安ではありませんがその気持ちはわかります。
The narrator might be too self-aware and that scares them a lot.  I don't think I'm that scared but I think I feel them.  
Kingdom of Fear  (Cameron Whitcomb)


[Verse 1]
I'll show you what you need to see and nothing more
At least I got the decency to shut the door
You said that you want all of me, but I know you're a liar
Every time I let you in, I start to hear them tires

[Pre-Chorus]
In the middle of the night, in the back of my mind
Like a chill running down my neck
So I bite my tongue and lie in self-defense

[Chorus]
Ask me how I've been, I'll say I'm great
But under my skin, I'm not okay
Honey, I've been scared to death, looking in the mirror
Just another day in the kingdom of fear
Ask me how it goes, I'll say I'm fine
But if you look close, I ain't doing alright
Honey, I've been scared to dеath, wipe away the tears
Just another day in the kingdom of fear
The kingdom of fear

[Verse 2]
Maybe I've been building walls too high to climb
I hope you know it's not your fault, it's by design
I know I've been a lot of things, but I won't be your burden
I won't be that person that calls you when I'm hurting

[Pre-Chorus]
In the middle of the night, in the back of my mind
Like a chill running down my neck
So I bite my tongue and lie in self-defense

[Chorus]
Ask me how I've been, I'll say I'm great
But under my skin, I'm not okay
Honey, I've been scared to death, looking in the mirror
Just another day in the kingdom of fear
Ask me how it goes, I'll say I'm fine
But if you look close, I ain't doing alright
Honey, I've been scared to death, wipe away the tears
Just another day in the kingdom of fear

[Bridge]
Oh, I've been hurting worse than bad
I need someone who's got my back
Oh, I've been hurting worse than bad
I need someone, but if you

[Chorus]
Ask me how I've been, I'll say I'm great
But under my skin, I'm not okay
Honey, I've been scared to death, looking in the mirror
Just another day in the kingdom of fear
Ask me how it goes, I'll say I'm fine
But if you look close, I ain't doing alright
Honey, I've been scared to death, wipe away the tears
Just another day in the kingdom of fear
The kingdom of fear

[Verse 1]
これだけは見せておかなきゃいけないものをこれからお前に見せてやる,これだけ見てりゃそれでいいから
まあドアだけは閉めとくよ,人としてそれくらいはしなくちゃな
俺の全部が好きだってそうお前は言ったけど,そんなのウソってわかってんだよ
お前を家に入れるといつも,あの音がタイヤの音が聞こえてくんだ

[Pre-Chorus]
真夜中に自分の頭の片隅で
首筋にゾクッと寒気が走るみたいに
だから言いたいことも言わずに*ウソをついて自分を守る**

[Chorus]
元気にしてるか聞かれたら,バッチリだって答えてるけど
本当は***全然そうじゃなくって
鏡の中を覗いていると,もう怖くて死にそうなんだ
また一日「不安の国(kingdom of fear)」で過ごさなきゃいけなくて
順調かって聞かれたら,問題ないって答えてるけど
よく見りゃそうじゃないってわかる
流れる涙を拭っているし,もう怖くて死にそうなんだ
また一日「不安の国」で過ごさなきゃいけなくて
なにもかもが怖いんだ

[Verse 2]
多分自分で作った壁が高すぎて登れないだけ
そもそもそういうつもりだったし,別にお前のせいじゃないから
ちゃらんぽらんな俺だけど,お前の重荷にゃなりたくないし
ただ自分が辛いからってお前に電話するようなそういうヤツにもなりたくないよ

[Pre-Chorus]
真夜中に自分の頭の片隅で
首筋にゾクッと寒気が走るみたいに
だから言いたいことも言わずにウソをついて自分を守る

[Chorus]
元気にしてるか聞かれたら,バッチリだって答えてるけど
本当は全然そうじゃなくって
鏡の中を覗いていると,もう怖くて死にそうなんだ
また一日「不安の国」で過ごさなきゃいけなくて
順調かって聞かれたら,問題ないって答えてるけど
よく見りゃそうじゃないってわかる
流れる涙を拭っているし,もう怖くて死にそうなんだ
また一日「不安の国」で過ごさなきゃいけなくて
なにもかもが怖いんだ

[Bridge]
ずっととにかく辛かったから
支えてくれる相手が欲しい
ずっととにかく辛かったから
誰かに支えてもらいたいのに,お前から

[Chorus]
元気にしてるか聞かれたら,バッチリだって答えてるけど
本当は全然そうじゃなくって
鏡の中を覗いていると,もう怖くて死にそうなんだ
また一日「不安の国で過ごさなきゃいけなくて
順調かって聞かれたら,問題ないって答えてるけど
よく見りゃそうじゃないってわかる
流れる涙を拭っているし,もう怖くて死にそうなんだ
また一日「不安の国」で過ごさなきゃいけなくて
なにもかもが怖いんだ

(補足)
* bite one's tongue ・・・ 言いたいことを言わない,黙り込む,口を閉ざす
** in self-defense ・・・ 正当防衛で
*** under skin ・・・ 一皮むけば
**** by design ・・・ 故意に,計画的に

(余談)

「不安の国」への入国はいともたやすいものの,そこからの出国は非常に難しく「自己肯定感」というパスポートがない限りずっとそこに閉じ込められてしまいます。

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿