2026年8月16日日曜日

Beige ヨーク・ロア (Yoke Lore)

若い頃にやってはいけないことのひとつは誰かにロマンティックな詩を書くことだと思うのですがそう思うのは私だけでしょうか?
Am I the only one who thinks one of those things you shouldn't do in younger days is writing romantic poems for someone.
Beige  (Yoke Lore)


I don't wanna see you smile
I want you in the morning
Before you go performing

Tell me something I don't know and lead me to the place where no one ever goes
Let me go under your skin, and let me find the demons that drive those heavenly limbs

You know you're beautiful
But that ain't half the gold treasure in your soul
What you got cause I want it all
With your fingers in my mouth I fail to see your faults so please don't let me fall, please don't let me fall

I think we’d survive in the wild
We would eat plants and roots and dream about electric fans
But baby could you kill a man, could you look in his eyes and feel the fire drain out of his hands
And baby do you think about the past, do you wonder if every stupid little thing has led us to this

You know you're beautiful
But that ain't half the gold treasure in your soul
What you got cause I want it all
With your fingers in my mouth I fail to see your faults so please don't let me fall, please don't let me fall

笑顔をみたいわけじゃないんだ
朝お前の顔をみて
いつものお前になる前のその姿を見たいんだ

まだ俺の知らないことを教えてくれよ,そしてまだ誰も知らないようなとこへ俺を連れていってくれ
心の奥のとこまで見せて,そのステキな手や足を一体何が操ってるかそれを俺に教えてくれよ

お前は見た目もキレイだけどな
お前の心の中にある美しさに比べたら足元にも及ばないから
独り占めしたいんだ
お前の指をくわえていると,お前に悪いとこがあってももうわからなくなってくる,頼むから俺を傷つけないでくれ

ふたりならたとえ不便なとこにいたってやってけるって思うんだ
草とか根とかかじってたって,扇風機が手に入るって思って暮らしていけるけど
なあベイビイ,お前人を殺せるか?そいつの目をじっと見て命の炎がその手から消えていくのを感じられるか?
なあベイビイ昔のことを考えてるか?今までしてきた色々なバカなことが積み重なって今のふたりがあると思うか?

お前は見た目もキレイだけどな
お前の心の中にある美しさに比べたら足元にも及ばないから
独り占めしたいんだ
お前の指をくわえていると,お前に悪いとこがあってももうわからなくなってくる,頼むから俺を傷つけないでくれ

(余談)

Yoke Lore本人によるとこの曲は当時の彼女に書いたものだったそうですが,この曲を作る際には形骸化していると思える「I love you」などの表現をできるだけ使わないようにしたそうですが,それでも問題なくラヴ・ソングとして成立しているところがアーティストのアーティストたる所以なのでしょう。

・・・が,(私を含め)アーティストでない人間が安易にこのような「飛び道具」を使うと大怪我をしかねません。いわんや後年それが実家から「発掘」された日には。

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿