2026年9月29日火曜日

Close To Me ザ・キュアー (The Cure)

この曲を書いたRobert Smithによると「大変なことがすぐそこまで迫っている感覚」が子どもの頃にあり,それがThe Head On The Doorを録音中に蘇ってきたことについての曲なんだとか。
Robert Smith who wrote this song said this song is about a “sense of impending doom” in his childhood, which returned while he was recording The Head On The Door.
Close To Me  (The Cure)


[Verse 1]
I've waited hours for this, I've made myself so sick
I wish I'd stayed asleep today
I never thought this day would end
I never thought tonight could ever be this close to me

[Verse 2]
Just try to see in the dark, just try to make it work
To feel the fear before you're here
I make the shapes come much too close
I pull my eyes out, hold my breath and wait until I shake

[Chorus]
But if I had your faith
Then I could make it safe and clean
Oh, if only I was sure
That my head on the door was a dream

[Instrumental]

[Verse 1]
I've waited hours for this, I've made myself so sick
I wish I'd stayed asleep today, yeah
I never thought this day would end
I never thought tonight could ever be this close to me, yeah

[Chorus]
But if I had your face
Then I could make it safe and clean
Oh, if only I was sure
That my head on the door was a dream

[Verse 1]
このために何時間も待ってたし,そのせいで気持ち悪くもなってきた
できれば今日は寝てたいよ
今日という日が終わりになって
すぐそこまで夜が来るとか思ったこともなかったよ

[Verse 2]
暗闇のなかでとにかく目を凝らしちゃんとやろうとしてるんだ
お前がやってくる前に「怖さ」を感じられるから
いろんなもの*見えてきてすぐそばまでやってくる
目が飛び出るほど息を殺して震え出すまで待っているけど

[Chorus]
お前が信じてくれるなら
俺は上手くやれるかも
とにかく確信したいんだ
自分が作った「The Head On The Door」**あれはただの夢だって

[Instrumental]

[Verse 1]
このために何時間も待ってたし,そのせいで気持ち悪くもなってきた
できれば今日は寝てたいよ
今日と言う日が終わりになって
すぐそこまで夜が来るとか思ったこともなかったよ,本当だよ

[Chorus]
お前の顔がそこにありゃ
俺は上手くやれるかも
とにかく確信したいんだ
自分が作った「The Head On The Door」あれはただの夢だって

(補足)
* shape ・・・ 幻影,幽霊の姿
** head on the door ・・・ The Cureが年に発表したアルバム

(余談)

幸運には必ず終わりが来るんだとか。それが終わった後にくる「日常」は私のような一般人にとってはごく当たり前のことですが,一度成功を味わったことのある人間にとっては耐えがたく恐ろしいものなのかもしれません。

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿