2026年7月31日金曜日

Betty テイラー・スウィフト (Taylor Swift)

この曲は以前取り上げた「august」と「cardigan」とともにテイラー・スウィフトのいわゆる「ティーンエイジ三部作」のひとつであり,3人の10代の主人公たちの三角関係を描いています。
This song is one of so called "teenage trilogy" of Taylor Swift couple with 'august' and 'cardigan' which I've already posted.  These songs depict a love triangle of three people in their teens.
Betty  (Taylor Swift)


[Verse 1]
Betty, I won't make assumptions
About why you switched your homeroom, but
I think it's 'cause of me
Betty, one time, I was riding on my skateboard
When I passed your house
It's like I couldn't breathe

[Pre-Chorus]
You heard the rumors from Inez
You can't believe a word she says
Most times, but this time, it was true
The worst thing that I ever did
Was what I did to you

[Chorus]
But if I just showed up at your party
Would you have me? Would you want me?
Would you tell me to go fuck myself
Or lead me to the garden?
In the garden, would you trust me
If I told you it was just a summer thing?
I'm only seventeen, I don't know anything
But I know I miss you

[Verse 2]
Betty, I know where it all went wrong
Your favorite song was playing
From the far side of the gym
I was nowhere to be found
I hate the crowds, you know that
Plus, I saw you dance with him

[Pre-Chorus]
You heard the rumors from Inez
You can't believe a word she says
Most times, but this time, it was true
The worst thing that I ever did
Was what I did to you

[Chorus]
But if I just showed up at your party
Would you have me? Would you want me?
Would you tell me to go fuck myself
Or lead me to the garden?
In the garden, would you trust me
If I told you it was just a summer thing?
I'm only seventeen, I don't know anything
But I know I miss you

[Bridge]
I was walking home on broken cobblestones
Just thinking of you when she pulled up like
A figment of my worst intentions
She said, "James, get in, let's drive"
Those days turned into nights
Slept next to her, but
I dreamt of you all summer long

[Verse 3]
Betty, I'm here on your doorstep
And I planned it out for weeks now
But it's finally sinkin' in
Betty, right now is the last time
I can dream about what happens when
You see my face again

[Pre-Chorus]
The only thing I wanna do
Is make it up to you
So I showed up at your party
Yeah, I showed up at your party

[Chorus]
Yeah, I showed up at your party
Will you have me? Will you love me?
Will you kiss me on the porch
In front of all your stupid friends?
If you kiss me, will it be just like I dreamed it?
Will it patch your broken wings?
I'm only seventeen, I don't know anything
But I know I miss you

[Outro]
Standing in your cardigan
Kissin' in my car again
Stopped at a streetlight
You know I miss you

[Verse 1]
なあベティ(Betty)勝手にこうじゃないかって俺は思っているわけじゃない,理由だったらわかってるんだ
ホーム・ルームを変えただろ?
それって俺のせいだよな?
なあベティ,この間スケートボードに乗ってたら
お前の家の前に来て
息ができなくなりそうだった

[Pre-Chorus]
イネス(Inez)から色々話は聞いてんだよな?
あの子の話は当てにならない
大体いつもそうなんだけど,今度だけは違うんだ,だってあれは本当だから
今までやったどんなことよりヒドイことを
お前にしたよ

[Chorus]
けどもしお前のパーティに俺がひょっこり顔を見せたら
仲間に入れてもらえんのかな?歓迎してくれんのか?
迷惑だからどっか行けってそんな風に言われんのかな?
それとも庭に連れてって
そこで俺の言うことをお前は信じてくれんのか?
あんなのは夏で調子に乗っていただけ,ただのお遊びなんだって
俺はまだ17でなんにもわかっていないけど
会えなくて寂しいことは間違いないよ

[Verse 2]
なあベティ,どこですっかりダメになったか俺にもちゃんとわかってるんだ
お前の好きなあの曲が
ジムの反対側で流れて
俺はそこから姿を消した
俺って人混み苦手だろ?
それにお前がヤツと一緒に踊るとこが見えたから

[Pre-Chorus]
イネス(Inez)から色々話は聞いてんだよな?
あの子の話は当てにならない
大体いつもそうなんだけど,今度だけは違うんだ,だってあれは本当だから
今までやったどんなことよりヒドイことを
お前にしたよ

[Chorus]
けどもしお前のパーティに俺がひょっこり顔を見せたら
仲間に入れてもらえんのかな?歓迎してくれんのか?
迷惑だからどっか行けってそんな風に言われんのかな?
それとも庭に連れてって
そこで俺の言うことをお前は信じてくれんのか?
あんなのは夏で調子に乗っていただけ,ただのお遊びなんだって
俺はまだ17でなんにもわかっていないけど
会えなくて寂しいことは間違いないよ

[Bridge]
砕けた小石の散らばる道を家に向かって歩いてた
お前のことを考えてたらあいつの車がそばに停まった
最悪の狙いがカタチになってたよ*
言われたよ「ジェイムズ(James)乗って,ドライブよ」って
そういうことが続くうち
あいつの隣で夢を見ながら
夏の間お前のことをずっと俺は想ってた

[Verse 3]
なあベティ,お前んちの玄関の前で俺はこうしてる
何週間も考えて
やっとわかりかけてきた
なあベティ,これが本当に最後なんだな
どうなるだろって考える
またお前が俺に会ったら

[Pre-Chorus]
やりたいことはひとつだけ
埋め合わせをしたいだけ
だからお前のパーティに俺がひょっこり顔を見せたら
ああパーティに俺が行ったら

[Chorus]
そうだよ,お前のパーティに俺がひょっこり顔を見せたら
仲間に入れてもらえんのかな?俺を大事にしてくれて
ポーチでキスしてくれんのか?
バカな仲間の目の前で?
もしキスしてもらえたら,それって俺が思ってたのとおんなじようなキスなんだろか?
そうすりゃお前の傷ついた翼もちっとはよくなるのかな?
俺はまだ17でなんにもわかっていないけど
会えなくて寂しいことは間違いないよ

[Outro]
お前のカーディガンを着て
俺の車でまたキスをして
街灯の当たる場所で車を停めた
会えなくて寂しいよ

(補足)
* A figment of my worst intentions ・・・ 最悪の想像の産物(a figment of my worst imagination)のもじり

(余談)

・・・やっちまったわけですね(色んな意味で)

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿