日本の偉大な芸術家のひとり葛飾北斎は生涯で90回以上も引っ越しをしたそうです。
They say Hokusai who is one of the greatest Japanese artists moved more than 90 times in his life.
weren't for the wind (Ella Langley)
[Verse 1]
I wouldn't paint me as a heartbreaker
But I've said a few goodbyes
I'd make a promise but I know later
I'm bound to change my mind
Depending on the weather, I'm goin'
Hell, baby, nobody knows when
Yeah, if it was a different time
Might've been different in a different life
[Chorus]
Maybe that plane wouldn't ever take off
Maybe that dust wouldn't fly off the drive
Maybe that tumbleweed and me
Wouldn't leave every other sunrise
Maybe I'd settle down, dig in some roots
Find me a farmhouse, find me you
Maybe I wouldn't be already gone again
If it weren't for the wind
[Verse 2]
I wouldn't stay wonderin' what's out there
I wouldn't saddle up on a breeze
I wouldn't disappear out of thin air
I could put down these wings
[Chorus]
Maybe that plane wouldn't ever take off
Maybe that dust wouldn't fly off the drive
Maybe that tumbleweed and me
Wouldn't leave every other sunrise
Maybe I'd settle down, dig in some roots
Find me a farmhouse, find me you
Maybe I wouldn't be already gone again
If it weren't for the wind
[Post-Chorus]
Blowin', carryin' me to the wide open
White lines rollin' and the tires smokin'
It wouldn't be the rearview I'm lookin' in
If it weren't for the wind
If it weren't for the wind
[Chorus]
Maybe that plane wouldn't ever take off
Maybe that dust wouldn't fly off the drive
Maybe that tumbleweed and me
Wouldn't leave every other sunrise
Maybe I'd settle down, dig in some roots
Find me a farmhouse, find me you
Maybe I wouldn't be already gone again
If it weren't for the wind
[Post-Chorus]
Blowin', carryin' me to the wide open
White lines rollin' and the tires smokin'
It wouldn't be the rearview lookin' in
If it weren't for the wind
[Outro]
If it weren't for the wind
[Verse 1]
相手をやたらに振っているとかそんなつもりはないんだけどね
確かに結構別れてるよね
約束すんのはいいんだけどね,自分でちゃんとわかってるんだ
絶対後で気が変わるって
その日の天気でそうなんだけど
ねえベイビイ,それがいつかはわかんないのよ
もっと違う時代に会って
違う人生送っていたら,ちょっとは違っていたのかも
[Chorus]
ひょっとしたらあの飛行機も結局一度も飛ばないし
あの道路に溜まった泥も結局飛んで消えてかなくて
アタシもタンブルウィードも
一日おきに消えたりしない
身を固めて落ち着いて,畑のひとつも耕して
農場を手に入れて,アンタとそこで出会ってたかも
またどっかにいっちゃっていなくなったりしなかったかも
あの風さえ吹いてこなけりゃ
[Verse 2]
外の世界を思い描いて
吹く風を受けて馬にまたがって*
どこへともなく**消えてかないで
この翼をたためてた
[Chorus]
ひょっとしたらあの飛行機も結局一度も飛ばないし
あの道路に溜まった泥も結局飛んで消えてかなくて
アタシもタンブルウィードも
一日おきに消えたりしない
身を固めて落ち着いて,畑のひとつも耕して
農場を手に入れて,アンタとそこで出会ってたかも
またどっかにいっちゃっていなくなたりしなかったかも
あの風さえ吹いてこなけりゃ
[Post-Chorus]
風を受けて飛ばされて広い世界に連れていかれて
道の上の白線がどんどんと流れていって,タイヤが焼けて煙が出ても
このアタシが見つめてるのはバックミラーじゃなかったはずよ
あの風さえ吹いてこなけりゃ
あの風さえ吹いていなけりゃ
[Chorus]
ひょっとしたらあの飛行機も結局一度も飛ばないし
あの道路に溜まった泥も結局飛んで消えてかなくて
アタシもタンブルウィードも
一日おきに消えたりしない
身を固めて落ち着いて,畑のひとつも耕して
農場を手に入れて,アンタとそこで出会ってたかも
またどっかにいっちゃっていなくなたりしなかったかも
あの風さえ吹いてこなけりゃ
[Post-Chorus]
風を受けて飛ばされて広い世界に連れていかれて
道の上の白線がどんどんと流れていって,タイヤが焼けて煙が出ても
このアタシが見つめてるのはバックミラーじゃなかったはずよ
あの風さえ吹いてこなけりゃ
[Outro]
あの風さえ吹いていなけりゃ
If it weren't for the wind
(補足)
* saddle up ・・・ (馬に)鞍を付ける,(比喩)装備を身に着ける
** out of thin air ・・・ どこからともなく
*** wide open ・・・ 予想のつかない
(余談)
「あの風さえ吹いていなけりゃ」・・・松尾芭蕉かよ・・・。
0 件のコメント:
コメントを投稿